We envision a community that exemplifies Canadian values, where all people realize their full potential and have the opportunity to belong in, and contribute to, a prosperous and inclusive society.
Social Enterprise for Canada promotes integration and equity for diverse populations in need through:
- Promoting community development
- Providing direct human services for unmet needs.
- Respect / Human dignity is the super ordinate goal that guides everything we do. We offer opportunities and service that empower individuals to enhance their lives and integrate into Canadian society with dignity.
- Honesty / integrity / ethical behaviour means basing one’s actions on an internally consistent set of principles. One is said to have integrity to the extent that everything one does and believes is based on the same core set of values. At SEC, this is articulated in responsibility and accountability. We are tested on this – more forces pushing to do what is most desired versus what is right.
- Innovation means creativity and “outside of the box” thinking in order to provide professionalism, passion and self sufficiency in everything we do.
- Equity / fairness – We value equity of access and opportunity for all.
- Entrepreneurial risk-taking – We are willing and able to identify opportunities, assess their risk/benefit mix, and reach consensus regarding whether a risk is or is not justified.
- Pursuit of Excellence – As SEC, we strive to achieve the highest quality in service / program delivery and recognized effective business practices.
- Collaboration / co-operation – We value co-operation, working well with others, partnership. This assumes and open mind, effective communication, seeking the understanding of other party’s needs, interaction, and focusing on developing solutions.