We continually look for quality individuals who are interested in serving the public good and have experience in working with communities, families, youth and children or with newcomers.
Accreditation and Qualifications Information Services
What is Accreditation?
Employment is the top priority for most newcomers, however, recognition of credentials earned in their country of origin is a primary concern for many immigrants. For new arrivals, there is a need for clear information about both regulated and non-regulated professionals.
Our staff provide information and help to develop individualized plans to obtain professional recognition in Canada.
The process includes:
• one-on-one confidential interviews
• group accreditation information sessions
• transferable trades skills tool
• personalized Accreditation Action Plans
• Accreditation Portfolio Instruction
• cross cultural information
• community outreach
• referral to interpretation services
• referral to Document Translation Services